The Spa is a much loved and cherished landmark building in Bridlington having graced the seafront for the duration of the 20th century. The Spa Theatre was rebuilt in 1907 after a fire destroyed the original 1896 building. The Royal Hall was first built in 1926, replacing an earlier cast-iron and glass structure and then rebuilt in 1932 following extensive fire damage.
Throughout the life of The Spa, the Theatre and Royal Hall have been very popular for public performances, concerts, theatre, opera and public dances, with latterly a growing demand from the business community for conferences, businesses and sporting events.
By 2005 it was evident that the general condition of the buildings had gradually deteriorated to the point where East Riding of Yorkshire Council had to take a bold decision to undertake a full and thorough refurbishment of the entire Spa facility to ensure that it would be fit for the demands of a changing market in the 21st century.
Find out more information about the Redevelopment of The Spa.
Find out more about the History of The Spa.